An EMAIL client to send emails either via POST to an endpoint or via direct connection - you only need one. If you have an API that sends emails not listed that you can send POST requests, you will be able to use that.
Please download and reference this document for the most detailed instructions on installation of the software below!
What to Bring
There will be a limited number of soldering stations provided at the session. If you have your own soldering iron, you are strongly encouraged to bring it. Soldering irons should be the "pen" style, not the gun/pistol style.
- Required: Fully-charged laptop with an accessible USB port. (If your company locks down the USB ports on their employee laptops as part of their security policy, bring a different laptop). See below for the required and suggested software.
- Required: MicroUSB cable that works with your laptop.
- Optional: A micro SD card slot on your laptop or a USB micro SD card adapter.
- Optional: Soldering iron, tools, stand/helping hands, magnifier, fan, etc.
- Optional: USB keyboard (useful for some of the games)
- Optional: 5V 1-2A DC charger with USB port (i.e. a standard cellphone charger)
- Optional: A CR18650 li-ion battery if you want to use the game system in disconnected mode.
Note that due to supply chain issues, these are currently expensive and difficult to come by. Many that are available are low-quality, and often only provide a fraction of the rated power. Many rechargeable flashlights use CR18650 batteries, so bring ‘em if you have ‘em.
Please mark or label anything you bring with your name!
Please see pdf document linked above for all directions for installation and additional recommended libraries. Below is simply CodeMash mirror download links for the required softwares.
In an effort to minimize the amount of group time spent waiting for large downloads and installs to complete, please install theh following items before arriving at the workshop. You'll need VS Code with the PlatformIO extension AND the Arduino IDE. You'll also need the Teensy platform.